Tuesday, September 9, 2014

10. Skin Care Madness



I just really like these products.

I like to take care of my face and I'm one of those people who for the past 5 years of my life has had trouble with pimples, oiliness and dry patches. I have to say that even though I always did the whole washing face and used acne creams, it didn't quite work to keep everything stable as it does now.

For face wash, I'm always switching but I do like this one by Neutrogena and its their Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Gratefruit Cleanser. It does the job, my face feels clean afterwards, it helps prevent any breakouts and it smells good. Another cleanser/scrub that is probably in my top 5 list is the Lush Let the Good Times Roll, I've re-purchased this little gem twice now and the thing about it that I love is how gentle it is on the skin. You can use this on the daily basis even though it is considered a scrub.

I've got some masks that I really love, two of them are from My Beauty Diary which while writing this post I found out that they are a Taiwanese skin care brand. I actually get them from this cool shop besides my school named "Viewshop" and I really love them. They have a wide variety and being honest, whenever I go there I just pick at random and they are all very lovely on the skin and quite easy to use considering they are sheet masks. Another one I've recently started using (full review coming soon) is the Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing mask, I definitely do like this one, it is moisturizing, it detoxifies and soothes the skin, A+.

For acne/that one pimple problems I like using this little bottle of Tea Tree Oil from The Body Shop. It reminds me of the Origins' super spot remover although they are completely different in formula, they both are really efficient at helping when it comes to spots. I dab a little bit on a cotton pad and apply it where I need and it reduces redness and helps at dealing with pimples quite fast. When I'm having bad break outs and the use of a spot treatment is not helping, I like to use the Clearasil Ultra Pore Cleansing Pads which are really way cheaper and have more pads compared to the First Aid ones on Sephora. They do the job, they help deal with bigger damage on the skin and are ultra easy to use.

I'm not one of those people that always uses toner but I like the practical ones like the oh-so incredible Caudalie Beauty Elixier or the one I've been loving more recently, the Lush Tea Tree Water toner (I'll link to the review I've done). They are easy to use, you just have to spray it on and voilĂ .

This post is getting long but bare with me, we've gotten to moisturizer/serums at last. I like Clarins as a brand and their moisturizers do the job for me when it comes to the colder months Canada is well known for. I like using their HydraQuench Moisturizer Cream, its a bliss for winter, it makes me look alive and not dead on zombie skin. For serums, I've started using the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, it is pretty rad and since I've started using, I have noticed a new-found softness to my lovely face. I kinda like that.


And oh wait, I am done now. That felt rushed.


What are your skin care gems of the moment ?





4 comments: