Tuesday, September 2, 2014

9. The Epic Diez


They are pretty much amazing.



It can't get as epic as it is. It probably can and will but as of now, this is as good as it gets for me and my daily makeup. I've been using these products as a whole since the beginning of the summer and it hasn't failed me yet. I love the way my makeup looks and I've gotten compliments out of it.

Let's start by mentioning the oh-so amazing base that I've discovered on June, the Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer by Givenchy. I have it bad during summer when it comes to oily skin and this bad boy here has me covered. As it says on the name, this mister right here is the perfect companion for those who want their skin to look matte.

 Next is the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, I don't really like medium-high coverage foundations if I was to be honest and this beauty right here is perfect, its lightweight, it evens out my skin tone and it hydrates. If you would like a more high coverage foundation, I would recommend Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation which is another favorite of mine, it has a build-able coverage therefore you can go from light-medium and high. As for concealer, I use the Maybelline Fit Me, its easy to blend, it gives a good coverage for under-eyes and for spots. It also doesn't crease which is a big A+.

I would never leave the house without undone brows. I would do it but its rare. I use the Naked Basics Palette' Faint. That color goes great and I do like powder over pencil. For brow taming, I use the beloved Benefit Gimme Brow in Light-Medium which is a tinted fiber gel. I love using this because it does stay put and also, on lazy days you can just give it a go and it will look as good due to its fiber gel, its the perfect tool for statement brows à la Delevingne.

As for those flushed cheeks effect, I like ELF's Studio Blush, they are cheap but boy do they last long. The pigmentation levels are on point and its easy to blend and that my friends are the reason why I love ELF. The ones I use are in the shade Pink Passion, for summer and Blushing Rose for Fall/Winter.

My defined "always on point" is my winged liner and for that, I've fallen in love with the Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, and that was a long name. It is for me the definition of perfection, I simply love it, I believe pen liners are easier to use and this was is just compact and perfect size. It does stay on all day without smudging. My only issue is that the felt-tip dries out quite fast and it is 26$ for an eyeliner ...

I have quite short lashes and I find it ridiculous to spend a huge amount for mascaras even though I've done it but still. I really love this one by L'Oréal, its their Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof mascara. I consider this the dupe for Benefit's They're Real, both give great volume and length to lashes and last throughout the day without signs of smudging. For more than half the price, this drugstore product is simply as good as the Benefit one. The tube also lasts a good while before drying out.

I'm not a big lipstick fan when it comes to school. I like using the Smith's Rosebud Salve, I have dry lips all year long and this does the trick for me. It hydrates and gives this small tint of rose, it helps heal irritation and its versatile. It can be used for chapped lips but for dry patches and it relieves dryness. I actually got mine from American Apparel but it can be found in Sephora as well, that I know of.

Those are the products that I always reach out for, they can work for some people but others might hate them and that is okay, they do the job for me. I decided to not include the powder I currently use because being honest, it always changes and even if I do like it at this moment, it is not a holy grail product of mine that I would 100% recommend. I also deleted by accident the photo of myself actually using all those epic diez products. My bad.


Any favorite of yours there ?
What would you recommend?




4 comments:

  1. Finally! Someone else that loves the rosebud salves as much as I do! I have yet to try the gimme brow by benefit but I'm super intrigued!


    Bf Gf Does Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much ! Gimme brow is fantastic, should definitely try :)

      Delete
  2. I would love to try the Naked palette. Great post and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice palette for everyday makeup ! And thank you :)

      Delete